- When & Where
- Event Program Schedule
- Event Parking Information
- Getting There By Bus
Nearly one thousand community members and elected officials have joined the Construction Authority to date as we dedicated the Foothill Gold Line Duarte/City of Hope and Arcadia Stations. Tomorrow, we look forward to another wonderful event, as we dedicate the Irwindale Station.
During the Arcadia Station dedication, Metro CEO Phillip Washington let the crowd know that Metro would announce a date for passenger service to begin within 30 days of project turn-over next month. He anticipates starting passenger service in the Spring of 2016, but Metro will be “working around the clock” to open the line as soon as possible.
Below are details about tomorrow’s dedication ceremony for the Irwindale Station. All are welcome.
When & Where
Irwindale Station Dedication Ceremony
TOMORROW – Friday, August 28, 2015
16027 Avenida Padilla, Irwindale
See below for event parking information.
Event Program Schedule
5:10 PM – Dedication Ceremony Begins
- Welcome – Mayor Mark A. Breceda
- Invocation – Councilmember H. Manuel Ortiz
- Presentation of the Colors – San Gabriel Valley Young Marines
- National Anthem – Loretta Corpis
5:27 PM – Remarks by Officials
- U.S. Congresswoman Grace Napolitano, 32nd District
- California State Senator Dr. Ed Hernandez, 22nd District
- Metro First Vice Chairman, Foothill Gold Line Board Member and Duarte City Councilman, John Fasana
- Metro Board Member and Glendale Mayor, Ara Najarian
- Metro Deputy CEO, Stephanie Wiggins
5:52 PM – Recognition of Project Partners
- Foothill Gold Line Construction Authority Board Vice Chairman, Claremont Mayor Pro Tem Sam Pedroza
- Foothill Gold Line Construction Authority CEO, Habib F. Balian
- Irwindale Chamber of Commerce Board Member, Anita Hernandez
6:05 PM – Refreshments and Open House
Open House Booths: Foothill Gold Line, Metro, City of Irwindale and Station Artist Robin Brailsford
* Note: Huy Fong Foods, Inc., located in Irwindale, has generously provided bottles of Sriracha Hot Sauce to be given out in honor of the station dedication.
Event Parking Information
Getting There By Bus
For information on how to get to the station dedication by bus, please contact the appropriate service provider: