(click to enlarge for ceremony location, parking and transit directions)
The historic Foothill Gold Line Groundbreaking Ceremony is THIS SATURDAY! We hope you can join us, along with elected officials (see below), fellow community members and the media, to celebrate the beginning of construction of the 12.3-mile Glendora to Montclair segment! All are welcome.
Saturday, December 2, 2017 at 9:30 AM
1000 W. Foothill Blvd., Glendora
(S2 Parking Lot – Corner of Citrus Ave/Campus Dr.)
Officials Confirmed to Attend
Below are the list of elected officials, along with transportation and higher education officials, confirmed to attend the ceremony.
Federal and State Officials:
- U.S. Representative Adam Schiff, 28th Congressional District
- U.S. Representative Grace Napolitano, 32nd Congressional District
- U.S. Representative Judy Chu, 27th Congressional District
- U.S. Representative Norma Torres, 35th Congressional District
- California State Senator Connie Leyva, 20th District
- California State Senator Anthony Portantino, 25th District
- California State Assembly Member Ed Chau, 49th District
County and Regional Officials:
- Metro Board Chairman, Los Angeles Mayor Eric Garcetti
- Metro Board Member, Los Angeles County Supervisor Hilda Solis, 1st District
- Metro Board Member, Los Angeles County Supervisor Kathryn Barger, 5th District
- Metro Board Member, Foothill Gold Line Construction Authority Board Member, Duarte Mayor Pro Tem John Fasana
- Metro Board Member, Glendale City Council Member Ara Najarian
- Foothill Gold Line Construction Authority Board Chairman, Doug Tessitor
- Foothill Gold Line Construction Authority Board Vice Chairman, Claremont City Council Member Sam Pedroza
- Glendora Mayor Gary Boyer
- Metro CEO, Phillip A. Washington
- Foothill Gold Line CEO, Habib F. Balian
College Presidents and Other Key Stakeholders:
- Citrus College Superintendent/President, Geraldine M. Perri, Ph.D.
- University of La Verne President, Devorah A. Lieberman, Ph.D.
- Cal Poly Pomona President, Soraya M. Coley, Ph.D.
- Keck Graduate Institute President, Sheldon M. Schuster, Ph.D.
- Claremont University Consortium CEO, Stig Lanesskog
- Los Angeles County Fairplex President/CEO, Miguel A. Santana