From Metro’s The Source:
- Trains will begin running on the new 11.5-mile Foothill Gold Line at Noon on Saturday. Parking is first-come, first-served at all stations
- Rides will be FREE on the entire Gold Line system from Noon until Midnight on Saturday ONLY
- There are parties Saturday at five of the six new stations:
- Duarte/City of Hope Station, 1777 E. Duarte Road, Duarte, CA 91010. Opening ceremony starts at 10 a.m. Station Party: 12 noon to 4 p.m.
- Arcadia Station, 201 N. First Avenue, Arcadia, CA 91006. Station Party: 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Monrovia Station, 1651 S. Primrose Avenue, Monrovia, CA 91016. Station Party: 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Azusa Downtown Station, 780 N. Alameda Avenue, Azusa, CA 91702. Station Party: 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Irwindale Station, 16017 Avenida Padilla, Irwindale, CA 91702. Station Party: 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Want to know more? Click here to read a Q&A posted on Metro’s The Source earlier this week that provides information on riding the line, train fares, parking information and much more.